Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cloning your PC

11.20.11:
If you have more than one hard drive, there is an easy way to duplicate EVERYTHING on your PC (in case the hard drive fails).


I have done it for my Win7 and WinXP systems on my laptop. 


I now have another complete system for each, in case of hard drive failure.


This works for laptops as well as desktops.

You can now buy a 500GB hard drive for less than $100 ... 320GB even less. 


I have purchased a few to use as backup for all my pictures and songs and wondered if I could put them to additional use.
By using the free software Easeus, I easily completely copied my Win7 and WinXP hard drives.


The new hard drives now have quite a lot of free space (for backup of all my files) as well as the complete operating system and all programs I have on the original hard drives.   


The pics illustrate the steps.


The added value of this procedure is you can change the space for the operating system and add a second partition for your data ... hopefully you use two partitions on your hard drive (to protect your data is case of operating system error).



No comments:

Post a Comment