Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cell Phones - which is best - 12.10.04

12.10.04: An update, now that iPhone 5 reviews are available. 
I have also updated some of the talk time data. 
My rating doesn't change ... iPhone is still last ... for those about to buy a cell phone for the first time or have not been pleased with a previous iPhone purchase.
My main gripes about the iPhone are poor wi-fi reception, inability to easily change battery and no SD card slot.

11.12.01: Chart changed to reflect Galaxy S II LTE is available only at Rogers for new subscribers.


11.29.11: I have now included iPhone 4S in the evaluation and highlighted each best-in-category. Looks like I will be staying with an inferior product for now.


11.28.11: As you may know, I am trying out a Rogers HTC Raider for the next 10 days.
It was offered to me ($150), after complaining my 3gs iPhone suddenly has poor wi-fi (as of iOS 5.0.1) and Apple has not communicated on this wide-spread problem.
Without wi-fi, you incur data accumulation (which means $s after your 500MB limit is reached).
Rogers solution was to provide me with 6GB of data (instead of 500MB) for $5/mo addnl to the $25/mo I was paying. I accepted...and may now return the HTC Raider ... after asking them if they can do better...


Here is my analysis of the non-Apple cell phones on the market today. Some (identified) are not available here.


Here is a site that shows all phones by CDN supplier and allows you to compare.


Here is a quick video to illustrate quality of the 8mp HD cameras used in the newer smartphones.





If you want the Office Excel version, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't HTC a separate company? Why is it shown as Motorola HTC? R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for noticing. Yes, HTC is not Motorola. Change made.

    ReplyDelete