Thursday, January 28, 2010

hard drive possible problem?

(left-click to enlarge a pic)

01/29/10 - Glad I followed my advice ... blue screen of death and drive not accessible today. A couple of days after CrystalDiskInfo (click on link below, for details) displayed a yellow caution status.
I purchased a replacement hard drive (100gb, 7200rpm, 5 year warranty) on eBay for approx $50.

01/27/10 - Is your PC freezing or does it stop without reason during normal operation?
If so, you should determine if it is a hard drive problem ... without delay.
My Microsoft Vista c-drive is freezing and over-heating the last few days.
I took the time to reformat the hard drive and perform a few error-checking routines ... hoping it might fix the problem. It still has problems and is a higher temperature than it should be.
I am now looking on eBay for a new small laptop hard drive (2.5" and 7200rpm) with a 5 year warranty to hold the operating system, should this drive fail.

Here are a way to check the drive, if you suspect your hard drive might have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment