Saturday, February 9, 2019

Is my password compromised?

19.02.09: It's a question we ask (or should ask) ourselves from time to time. 

The short answer is change your password every couple of months and use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters. 

If you were wondering if you've been compromised, an article in the Toronto Star today indicates a way you can find your answer.


I used it for 5 regularly used email addresses and found 15 instances for one of them.

Naturally it caught my attention, until I checked the instances and found they were a few years ago. 

Only one of my addresses hadn't been compromised ... but all instances were a few years ago. 


I encourage you to add this site to your browser favourites and check it a couple of times year.

Here is the website to check your email addresses

No comments:

Post a Comment