Friday, April 24, 2015

Rogers modem connection

15.04.24: Is your Rogers modem plugged into a surge protector?

If so, you might consider plugging it directly into the wall. Same for a router, if you are using one in addition to the Rogers modem/router.

In a tech forum I was visiting today, it was suggested using a surge protector actually reduces the effectiveness of the Rogers device.

As well, you may incur a service charge, if you request Rogers come to your home due to (what you consider) a faulty Rogers modem.

I use the Rogers SMCD3GN modem and attach my trusted Belkin router for better speed than the modem alone.
Some users have the Rogers CGN2 or CGN3 modem/router combination.

If your Rogers device works well for you (anywhere in your residence), read no further.

If your speed is slower than you were promised by Rogers, or there is some other Internet related reason to call Rogers, bypass the surge protection before the service rep arrives ... and don't use it in future.

I removed my surge protector today and improved my throughput.

No comments:

Post a Comment