Sunday, October 17, 2010

iPhone Location Indicator

(left-click to enlarge pic)
10/17/10 - Do you know about location services on your iPhone?
Quite a few apps ask if they can use your current location (golf GPS, road GPS, maps, camera, etc) and you need to allow or disallow. Once you have done this, the app will not ask you again.

As per the attached, it may be not wise to allow or, more importantly, it may be wise to manage this allowable indicator.

In my case, to ensure good battery life (the iPhone battery is not very good), I disable Location Services, Bluetooth, Data Roaming, Auto-Brightness, Sounds Vibrate, and Rings Vibrate.

Turning off Location Services on your iPhone will protect youtr privacy.
Location Services can be turned on and off. When I need a specific Location Service (GPS or map related), I turn Location Services on (with only that specific app enabled). When finished with that app, I turn Location Services off.

This practice has greatly increased my battery life.

Settings -> General -> Location Services -> a specific app

No comments:

Post a Comment