Monday, February 6, 2012

smartphones - two useful apps

02.05.12: Home Depot and LCBO On The Go


The LCBO On The Go apps is very useful for checking supply of a wine you would like at any outlet.


They have a store locator  (closest to farther away) and you can select a store as your favourite and add selected wines to it.


They have a bar code scanner that works very quickly (if you have an empty bottle in your hands). Or you can use key words or just browse.


I have set up my favourite store and added my favourite wines.
Before going, i check for availability and, if not at my outlet, I check for supply at closest next closest outlet (if I prefer to not wait).
As I don't tend to remember the names of some good wines I have had, I now get in the habit of adding to my favourites.


Home Depot is quite a frustrating store, as they are always understaffed.
I have tried to talk tot he store manager but can't seem to make a connection.


There app is very useful as it has a barcode reader that lets me scan and determine price of an item that doesn't have a price.


It also has a good menu of sections and I can usually find an item I am looking for ... except for hardwood and oak stairs.
It also has the current flyer details you can scroll thru, if you forgot to check the weekly flyer b4 going to the store.


However, what I really want is the exact location of an item.


I have tweeted my concerns via the Twitter connection in the app.

No comments:

Post a Comment